Hypnotherapy For Confident Childbirth
The birth of your child can be the most precious wonderful moment of your life, and yet the thought of it, the experience of it and the pregnancy period can be crowded with thoughts of fear and pain. This can be exacerbated if you have had, or are aware of a traumatic birthing experience.
Confident Childbirth is a cognitive hypnotherapy approach to natural childbirth; designed for mothers to help overcome fears; to develop pain management techniques to increase confidence, and create feelings or calm of relaxation during pregnancy and the birth, so that you feel more in control, emotionally and mentally prepared, and able to create the best possible experience of birth for you and your baby.
Research has shown that using hypnotherapy for childbirth can have the following benefits:
- Reduces the feeling that there is a need for pain relief which in turn can reduce undesirable post-operative effects for mother and baby
- Shorter labour, therefore minimizing exhaustion
- Fewer incidents of medical intervention
- Higher Agpar score for baby
- Shorter hospital stay
- Fewer incidents of post natal depression
As a Confident Childbirth Practitioner, I will work with you individually to:
- Help you learn to quieten your mind to create own sense of calm and relaxation: self-hypnosis.
- Develop tools and techniques to manage the sense of pain naturally through the stages of labour
- Learn remain how to use your resources to remain in control, connected, positive and able to communicate effectively, and create the most helpful environment within yourself the birth of your baby.
I provide the Confident Childbirth programme on an individual basis (partners welcome) over four sessions supported by a bespoke recording and other downloads for on going practise. Beyond this additional sessions can be provided if desired.